Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wednesday night mountain biking

Last night I drove up to Spokane for their Wednesday night mountain bike race series. They had beer afterward, so it was obviously worth the trip. For an urban trail system, I was very impressed. We did two 9 mile loops, and it looks like there's a lot more out there, although some of it is currently under water. The terrain reminded me a lot of 9-mile up near Wausau, except that the trails were generally straighter and faster.

I had a lot of fun. My goal was to keep the fast guy in sight for the first lap. I almost made it, but then he checked out and I rode the rest of the race by myself. My second goal then became to ride the second lap as fast as the first. I'm not sure if I made it, but if not, I came within 20 seconds or so. I guess I forgot to mention they had timing chips and a clock at the finish. I'm not sure what they do with the times though, as I haven't found a website or anything.

The weirdest part about the night was that a few people recognized my name. I introduced myself to two guys, and both recognized it. One of them congratulated me on how well I did at Mt. Hood.

In any event, it was a great time. I just wish it weren't 90 minutes away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you, a celebrity now?

Walter Mitty said...

It's about time.

Burrito Eater said...

A lot of people here recognize your name, there are just a lot of different contexts that your name evokes...

Anonymous said...

So this is the end.