Thursday, May 22, 2008

This might take a while

As she was scrubbing the gravel out of my road rash, the ER doc in the med tent tried to convince me that with the Tegaderm, my wounds would heal in 3 days. That hasn't been my experience, and judging by her 'skill' in applying bandages, it appeared that she usually passed that task off to someone else and didn't have much experience with how well it actually worked. Still, I was hopeful.

Well, it's been over 4 days, and I'm a long way from healed. The road rash has a long way to go, and my ankle still feels like someone smashed it with a hammer. I was able to ride for over 2 hours yesterday without too much trouble, but I couldn't twist my foot to get out of my pedal, which almost caused a minor problem at a stop light.

This photo is my ankle today at 6pm -- 4 days and 6 hours after the initial injury. My foot is usually about 2/3 that size, and that red thing isn't part of my normal wardrobe either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have girlishly sexy ankles and feet

Walter Mitty said...

Only when they are swollen. Otherwise they are boney and awkward.

Burrito Eater said...

Sexy cankles is more like it...good god man! Good luck with healing that bad boy up!

Anonymous said...

If you didn't shave your legs, the thick black mat of leg hair I'm sure you would generate would have provided much protection. It would also free up time spent shaving allowing more time for you to ride your bike.