Sunday, May 25, 2008

evaP INW






It's a bit late in the year for the evaP, but I figured I could at least squeeze it in before the 'official' start of summer tomorrow. The forecast suggested a 40% chance of rain, so I was optimistic that I'd see some proper conditions. But instead, it was sunny and 70 degrees.

The only other potentially interested parties were out of town -- one at a bike race in Boise and the other buying a house in Montana -- so I rolled out solo (at least no one was roller skiing). It was probably for the best that I hit it alone, as it turned out to be a bit harder than anticipated. In fact, I was late for an appointment with the monkey and had to cut the ride short, missing 10 miles of gravel and a couple of significant hills.

4 hours, 55 miles, 15 miles of gravel, 11 miles of not roads (at a consistent, and annoying, 2.5% grade).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The self portrait on the railroad tie bridge looks real safe. Seems like you kight have been lucky to make the appointment with the monkey at all

Walter Mitty said...

That was about the 10th bridge like that, although that was the tallest one, and one of only a couple without anything on the sides. After a while, you just get used to bouncing across them. On that one, the ties were in good shape, and it was really wide. As long as you keep the front wheel straight, there's nothing to it.