Monday, October 20, 2008

You lazy bastard

I was just informed that I'll lose my 'blogger' status after 3 months of inactivity. I'm not sure what the King of Denzer really knows about blogs, but it has been a bit too long. I have my reasons. It's hard to write about losing a bona fide (if obscure and relatively unwanted) national championship by 90 seconds. I could say we were the fastest, which we were, but that just sounds like whining. Next time we'll do some tube-changing practice sessions beforehand, although we'll probably have to do it after downing a fifth of Jack or something to better reflect actual race conditions.

But since I don't need to complain about what happened 3 months ago, I can complain about what's happened more recently. My 'cross season has been 4 races so far, maybe 3 hours of racing, and 18 hours of driving. I've broken several 6 year-long streaks. I've never flatted in a 'cross race before; this weekend I flatted three times in two days. I've never DNF'd before without a legitimate reason (like shattering some bones or something); I DNF'd Saturday. And I've never been lapped, until yesterday.

'Cross sucks. In the last 5 races I've done (of any type), I've had tire problems in every one, one of which cost us a nice new jersey. I'm hoping to get everything out of the way now.

Obviously, the Monkey didn't learn the pose in the 3rd photo by watching his dad.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I can't wait to have a monkey of my own.