Monday, January 26, 2009

a new year

I know some people think the new year begins on Jan. 1, but I disagree. On Saturday, I underestimated the depth of the snow and the strength of the wind, and overestimated the size of my breakfast, and so spent the final 30 minutes of my ride just a few inches in front of the bonkzilla. On Sunday, I underestimated the effect of two inches of snow on top of the Saturday-going-to-town-traffic compressed two inches of snow from Saturday, and so spent that ride mostly on the ground and frozen.

No, the new year doesn't begin until you've bonked, frozen your toes off, and thrown yet another training plan out the window. I believe this is the earliest I've ever abandoned a training plan, probably my earliest visit from the bonkzilla, but not my earliest misunderestimation of the amount of clothing I might need.

At least now I can focus on getting things done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't do training plans at all. Or was that just a ploy to stay faster than me?